Concerts and Master Classes coming up:
* February 15 MHC Baroque Ensemble concert 4:00 Bach, Marais, Hotteterre, Telemann
* March 9 O.N.E. 45th Anniversary Concert! World Premiers by Joe Russo and Neely Bruce! Bob Hoyle, horn soloist extraordinaire. Held in beautiful Battell Chapel, New Haven, CT.
* March 21 Visit and coach Case Western Reserve University Klezmer Band! 7:00-9:00pm Here!!
* March 30 Klezmer soloist with the Norwalk Youth Symphony and INTEMPO, a local arts and youth development initiative! More info and tickets HERE!! Norwalk Concert Hall 125 East Ave. Norwalk, CT 069001 7:00!!
* January 23 My duo flute arrangement of Monti Czardas with MHC Orchestra and Alison Hale. "Never Again", a concert remembering the holocaust through the lens of the Women's Orchestra of Auschwitz. Proud to be a professor at Mount Holyoke College with such programming.
* February 17 Mid-Atlantic Flute Fair klezmer concert/cabaret! With Rayhan Pasternak, violin, Seth Kibel on clarinet and piano, and Bob Abbot, bass. We're gonna rock this place!!!
* March 9-11 Music Director for KlezNorth! Come to the Peak District for a GREAT weekend in the UK!
* March 22-23 Mini Residency at University of North Texas, studio of Terri Sundberg Details to follow soon! Masterclass and recital.
* March 25 Soloist for Brandenberg Concerti! Brazos Valley Symphony in Brazos, Texas
* April 15 NACHALA with Hazzan Jackie Mendelson! What a service it will be!!
* August 20-26 Learn more here! Happy to be invited back to this fabulous experience for all levels of experience and ages. If you haven't been and love klezmer and Yiddish culture, you must must must come!
* August 27-September 2 Learn more here! Adult Band Camp, I conduct Flute Choir and Klezmer Ensemble. It's a blast from YOUR past and even better!!
* October 28 SOUL SONGS: INSPIRING WOMEN OF KLEZMER A select group of klezmer women, via a Pew Fellow grant and the Philadelphia Folklore Society and, recipient of the grant, Susan Watts. We are being honored as foremost women in klezmer and, as well, honoring ourselves with all playing together for the very first time and with our own compositions. https://www.annenbergcenter.org/event/soul-songs-inspiring-women-of-klezmer Get your tickets now!!!
* November 4-5 Guest Artist in Residence at LSU: Entertaining and historic dance, table and tavern music of the 18th and19th centuries, including pieces of the courts, table music of humble abodes, and lively dance music of European inns and taverns" and master classes focusing on traverso.
* Yiddish New York! Check it out HERE! Special Flute/String Class TUESDAY at 5:30
* November 15 Western Mass Flute Day!
* September 10, 2017 FleytMuzik in Syracuse, NY for the Jewish Music Cultural Festival! Join us! 3:00pm.
* September 10-12, 2017 In residence at Cornell University!
* September 16, 2017 Adath Israelin Lawrenceville, NJ. Selichot Concert and film showing 8:15pm-10pm.
* February 19, 2017 Mid-Atlantic Flute Convention, Reston, VA. "The Barbaric Mr. Telemann", a concert on traverso with baroque violinist Lisa Rautenberg and gambist, Tina Chancey.Check out the schedule here!!!
* March 12, 2017 New York Flute Club Fair. I am hosting a baroque flute petting zoo and intro workshop, time to be listed. Check it out and come!
* March 23, 2017 Full ensemble of FleytMuzik at Charter Oak Cultural Center, Hartford CT. Pete Rushefsky, Jake Shulman-Ment, Michael Alpert, Brian Glassman. CD release concert of "Farewell to the Homeland, Poyln"! Walter Zev Mamlok, guest poyk. More info found here: Charter Oak Cultural Center
* March 25, 2017 Full ensemble of FleytMuzik "Farewell to the Homeland, Poyln" program. Congregation Beth El, Video by Ed Alpern will be shown prior.
* March 26, 2017 Eldridge Street Synagogue, full concert, full ensemble! Pete Rushefsky, Jake Shulman-Ment, Michael Alpert, Brian Glassman. CD release concert of "Farewell to the Homeland, Poyln"! Walter Zev Mamlok, guest poyk .More info found here: Eldridge Street Synagogue
* June 4, 2017 FleytMuzik plays for dancing at Yiddish KlezFest in the Bronx. Come enjoy a full afternoon of Yiddish and klezmer with singing (Miriam-Khaye Seigel) and dancing with the FleytMuzik ensemble, dance led by Sonia Gollance. COME!!
* June 28-July 1: Young Artist Music Camp for talented, impassioned young music students. Check us out by copying this link to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNAqnDaIPhU This summer's feature work will be the 1st movement of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #2!
* July 16, Newport Music Festival!! An all klezmer flute blast with Man-o-the-Keys, Tim Carey, piano and Mega-flutist, Goran Marcusson, flute, in a Hungarian Goulash to end the program! Here you go!!! 4:00pm at the Newport Art Museum at 76 Bellevue Ave., Newport, RI 02840
* August 21-27 Come to the New England Music Camp Adult music camp at Snow Pond: HERE! Love teaching here. Look at the offerings! Come!!!
* December 15, 2016, Jalopy!! Brooklyn!! We start at 6:30 with a workshop, then concert at 8:30. Jalopy!! Brooklyn!! FleytMuzik meets Klezical Tradition concert, preconcert workshop and Tantshoyz!! We're going to rock this place with Pete Rushefsky on cimbalom, Rayhan Pasternak, Russian songs, Walter Zev Mamlok on clarinet, Brano Brinarsky, on bass. Me on flutes of course, and leading dance! COME!! 315 Columbia Street Brooklyn, NY 11231 Phone 718-395-3214
*December 3, 2016 FLUTE DAY at UMass!!! Attention all flutists!!! First ever! Read all about it and register!
* November 6, 2016 New York Flute Club, 5:30pm Recital with Dianne Frazer, piano and Pete Rushefsky, cimbalom! We're going to rock the place - of course! Workshop an hour before! Bring your flutes! Baruch Performing Arts Center 55 Lexington Avenue (entrance on E. 25th Street) New York, New York
* November 4, 2016 Mount Holyoke College faculty recital with Mark Gionfriddo, piano and Pete Rushefsky, cimbalom. 7:30pm in Warbeke Room, Pratt Hall. Free admission. PLUS OPEN REHEARSAL at 3:00!! Just come!!!
* August 13, 2016 National Flute Convention Gala Night! Performance with orchestra of KLEZMER!!! San Diego, CA!!
* July 18-22, 2016 Weimar, Germany Symposium on Performance Practice in Klezmer I will present a small lecture on early music performance practice and how it pertains to the performance of what was considered klezmer at the time, plus how we may apply such practice in our klezmer music of today
* June 27-30, 2016 4th Annual World Chamber Music and Improv Camp
* June 26, 2016 8:00-10:00 Outdoor Festival at Great Neck Plaza! With Klezical Tradition band.
* May 24, 2016 Greens Farms Academy Concert, Brandenburg Concerto 5; 7:00 pm
* March 9th, 2016 at 7:30pm in Kansas City!
*March 6, 2016 Tartan, Baroque and Klezmer! Ohio State University, Columbus, here we come!! 8:00 Concert. Details to follow!
*March 5, 2016 Tartan, Baroque and Klezmer! Pittsburgh Renaissance and Baroque Concert Series Synod Hall 8:00 pm. FleytMuzik Ensemble: David Greenberg, baroque violin, Jake Shulman-Ment, klezmer fiddle, Pete Rushefsky, cimbalom, Robert Eisenstein, gamba, Branislav Brinatsky, bass
*December 20, Sunday, 1:30. Sholem Aleichem Cultural Center. A Wex/Greenbaum show in the Bronx. https://www.facebook.com/Sholem-Aleichem-Cultural-Center-Bronx-238579126233379/
*December 12, 8:00 Very special concert with FleytMuzik, presenting music from Dubiecko, Poland. You won't want to miss this rare appearance in the NY area, officially Highland Park Conservative Temple in Highland Park, NJ. Reserve your tickets early! Get your TICKETS now! It's going to be an emotionally moving AND shaking evening! AND, you will be part of a CD IN THE MAKING!!! Yes, we are making a CD of this concert via THIS performance!!!
*December 8, 7:00 BackStage at Eldridge Street Synagogue!! Come to an open rehearsal! Soon to be announced. Keep looking HERE! You will find the evening to be entertaining AND educational and you will LOVE the Polish dances and even one with a Scottish flavor - all repertoire from the Dubiecko, Poland klezmer folio of the Frand family of the early 20th c.!! AND, you will receive FleytMuzik's premier CD as your take-home gift with your entrance fee!
*August 14, 2015 National Flute Association, Washington, DC. 5:00 in "Washington 4". A program of Klezmer with over-the-top improvising musicians: Jodi Beder, cello, David Greenberg, fiddle, and Dianne Frazer, piano. We're going to rock the room and NEED you to be there to help! Bring your flute!
* July 26-31, 2015
Chris Norman is joined by 5 musicians from Boxwood Fest
Chris Norman - flute, small pipes, song; David Greenberg - baroque & Cape Breton violin; Adrianne Greenbaum - Klezmer flute, viola, accordion; Maeve Gilchrist - harp; Nic Gareiss - percussive dance; Seph Peters - guitar, mandolin, banjo
Sunday July 26 at 7:00 pm United Church, Merigomish
Monday July 27 at 7:30 pm Malagawatch Church, Highland Village, Iona
Tuesday July 28 at 7:30 pm St. John’s Anglican Church, Truro
Wednesday July 29 at 7:00 pm St. John the Baptist Church, Poplar Grove
Thursday July 30 at 7:00 pm Bay View United Baptist, Port Maitland
Friday, July 31 at 8:00 pm Osprey Arts Centre, Shelburne
*July 19 - 25, 2015 BOXWOOD! Baroque, Scottish, Cape Breton, Irish, Klezmer! Traditional music festival hosted by flutist/piper Chris Norman in beautiful Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. Check out the artists and COME!!!
*June 28 - July 1, 2015 3rd ANNUAL WORLD CHAMBER MUSIC AND IMPROV CAMP! For all ages and instruments. Contact me if you'd like to attend!
* May 17, 2015 FROM BAROQUE to BELARUS to Brazil! BERKELEY, CA! HOUSE CONCERT with traverso, harpsichord, GREAT MUSICIANS collaborating. With local diva Choro artist Jane Lenoir. Seating limited. Contact Jane Lenoir to reserve!
* April 19. 2015, MHC BAROQUE: APRIL IN PARIS program. I will perform a solo suite of dances/tunes/studies by Braun, performed on traverso, danced by elegant and creative baroque dancer Nuna Monahin. 5:00. You won't want to miss this!!
* March 21, 2015 Wall Street Chamber Players, Evergreen Woods Music Series, Branford, CT
*January 1, 2015, Cornelia Street Cafe A delightful little set with visiting fiddler Ilana Cravitz. Starts at 6:30PM, before concert of vocalist-entertainer Isabelle Ganz. COME!! Good food as well!!
*December 23-29, 2014 KLEZKAMP, DI LETSN VALS, 30th anniversary and final Kamp. Grateful for all the years of learning and teaching. GO!!!!
* November 6 and 8, Wall Street Chamber Players, House concert featuring Telemann's delightful A minor trio sonata.
*September 14-21, 2014 JEWISH SCOTLAND TOUR! Join me all over Scotland while I present music that connects Jews to Scottish history. Klezmer, classical, gypsy! Slovakia to Scotland!
*August 24-30, 2014 I am thrilled to again be teaching at New Horizons, hosted by New England Music Camp. This camp has been The Place to be for budding musicians of High School age and will host this adult camp for those who wish to return to their love of music, all levels! For more information, check out their website!
*July 21-27, 2014 BOXWOOD FESTIVAL! I am delighted to be a guest aritst of a most unique program hosted by the wonderful musician/flutist extraordinaire Chris Norman. I will be performing new and old sets of klezmer and baroque tunes on my many flutes that I will pack, including CN's Scherer flute, a luscious instrument in all respects. You MUST check this out here especially if you enjoy Irish, Scottish and Cape Breton and baroque traditional music! AND, great food and environment in beautiful Nova Scotia!
* June 28 - July 1, 2014 2nd Annual World Chamber Music and Improv Camp for students of all ages and levels. All instrumentalists invited to participate towards a concert at the end of our week. Written music plus folk tradition by ear with IMPROV! Eastern and Western European, Jazz, Classical, Brazilian, Cuban, American, African cultures all explored in our jam-packed four days! Four faculty members: Adrianne Greenbaum (Professor, Mount Holyoke College,flutist/pianist), Rebecca Povodator (Music teacher, Brooklyn public schools, flutist), Rayhan Pasternak (Moscow Conservatory-trained violinist), Ada Pasternak (Berklee College, singer/songwriter, violinist) Schedule will be 9:00-4:00 with byo lunch. To be held in our music room in Fairfield, CT. Tuition is, FOR EARLY BIRDS $275, or regular $350 for the 4 wonderful days of muisc-making. Contact Adrianne Greenbaum or Rayhan Pasternak to register or for more info!
* May 2 and 3, Wall Street Chamber Players, New Haven, CT Salon Concert featuring works by Boccherini, Mozart. Intimate setting, wonderful chamber music!
* March 23, 2014 Lecture and performance at Hartford JCC for Kahilat Chaverim. Come, listen, dance! Here's an article that will help you to come!
* March 14 and 15, 2014, Guest Artist for The Albuquerque Flute Association Flute Fiesta! Come join me for a fun recital Friday night of classical and klezmer and then an interactive masterclass on Saturday! Get the FULL SCOOP HERE!!!
* March 2, 2014, 3:00pm At the Eldridge Street Synagogue and Museum Plaid, Baroque and Klezmer: A Jewish Musical Odyssey Experience the little known connection between Jews, Scotland and klezmer! In celebration of the recent award of an official Tartan to the Jews of Scotland, we present a concert of baroque gypsy music that traces the early music of the East European Jews as they travelled west from Slovakia to Scotland and everywhere in between. Featuring Adrianne Greenbaum (flutes), Michael Alpert (percussion and voice), Christopher Norman (flutes and pipes), David Greenberg (baroque and octave violin) on authentic period instruments. Sunday, March 2 at 3 PM $20 adults; $15 students and seniors
*December 22-27, 2013, teaching at Klezkamp in the Catskills. Be there! You'll love it! 29th year and going strong!
* October 17, 2013 (Thursday) "TRADITON(S)!" "Music from the 18th c. to Delight and Spur the Dance Within" The second in the series of Home Concerts of early music performed on period instruments. This concert will feature me on flauto traverso, Lisa Rautenberg on violin and Stephen Rapp on harpsichord. At the home of Paula Armbruster, 294 Lawrence St., New Haven, CT. Email me or Paula to reserve your tickets at $28 per person. This includes social gatherings before and during intermission with delicious light fare and conversation! Come at 7:30 for social time and the music begins at 8:00pm
* October 20, 2013 (Sunday) "TRADITON(S)!" "Music from the 18th c. to Delight and Spur the Dance Within" The second in the series of Home Concerts of early music performed on period instruments. This concert will feature me on flauto traverso, Lisa Rautenberg on violin and Stephen Rapp on harpsichord. At the home of Barbara and Donald Spitzer, 72 Oakdale Rd., Stamford, CT. Email me or Barbara to reserve your tickets at $28 per person. This includes social gatherings before and during intermission with delicious light fare and conversation! Come at 5:00 for social time and the music begins at 5:30pm
*October 7-9, 2013 Louisiana State University School of Music, guest of Professor Katherine Kemler. Master classes on "Know your Baroque!" and concert, with collaborative pianist Dianne Frazer. Please contact Dr. Kemler if you need more information about times.
*August 25-30, 2013 I am thrilled to be teaching at New Horizons, hosted by New England Music Camp. This camp has been The Place to be for budding musicians of High School age and will host this adult camp for those who wish to return to their love of music, all levels! For more information, check out their website!
*July 21-27, 2013 BOXWOOD FESTIVAL! I am delighted to be on the faculty of a most unique program hosted by the wonderful musician/flutist extraordinaire Chris Norman. Traditional music of all kinds featuring flutes and fiddles and harps and more - oh my! You MUST check this out here especially if you enjoy Irish, Scottish and Cape Breton and baroque traditional music! AND, great food and environment in beautiful Nova Scotia!
* June 27 - 30, 2013 First Annual World Chamber Music and Improv Camp for students of all ages and levels. All instrumentalists invited to participate towards a concert at the end of our week. Written music plus folk tradition by ear with IMPROV! Eastern and Western European, Jazz, Classical, Brazilian, Cuban, American, African cultures all explored in our jam-packed four days! Four faculty members: Adrianne Greenbaum (Professor, Mount Holyoke College,flutist/pianist), Rebecca Povodator (Music teacher, Brooklyn public schools, flutist), Rayhan Pasternak (Moscow Conservatory-trained violinist), Ada Pasternak (Berklee College, singer/songwriter, violinist) Schedule will be 9:00-4:00 with byo lunch. To be held in our music room in Fairfield, CT. Tuition will be $350 for the 4 wonderful days of muisc-making. Contact Adrianne Greenbaum or Rayhan Pasternak to register or for more info!
* June 17-24, 2013 Santa Fe Flute Immersion! Come and be part of a very unique week of learning and enjoying your flute! High School, College and adult participation. Website to register and find out more: HERE! For even more info, contact Linda Marianiello. Director!
* June 8, 2013 "TRADITON(S)!" "Music from the 18th c. to Delight the Mind and Heart" A first in the series of Home Concerts of early music performed on period instruments. This concert will feature me on traverso, Lisa Rautenberg on violin and Stephen Rapp on harpsichord. At the home of Catherine Newman, 289 Carter St., New Canaan, CT. Email me or Cathy to reserve your tickets at $30 per person. This includes social gatherings before and during intermission with delicious light fare and conversation!
* June 6, 2013 "TRADITON(S)!" "Music from the 18th c. to Delight the Mind and Heart" A first in the series of Home Concerts of early music performed on period instruments. This concert will feature me on traverso, Lisa Rautenberg on violin and Stephen Rapp on harpsichord. At the home of Paula Armbruster, 294 Lawrence St., New Haven, CT. Email me or Paula to reserve your tickets at $30 per person. This includes social gatherings before and during intermission with delicious light fare and conversation.
* May 15, 2013 POSTPONED!! University of York, Scotland! 12:00 noon I will be joined by the absolutely wonderful, joyful, Musician Extraordinaire, David McGuinness, for early traditional music including baroque and klezmer and in between! Free admission. Contact the Music Department or Flutist, Edwina Smith for any details you might need. Contact ME if you have other ideas for performing/lecturing while I'm in the UK, please!
* April 12, 2013 Santa Cruz with Shelley Phillips!! What a master musician this woman is! We will play klezmer, trad, baroque! You can sign up for your $12 tickets by going to this website
Held at: Phillips house: 220 Spring Street
* April 5, 2013 "TRADITON(S)!" San Francisco! Traditional Music from Eastern Europe and Brazil, plus the ever-loved baroque of Telemann who claims to have loved "the music of the klezmer". What a connect! Plus gypsy baroque - dance tunes of eastern Europe from 1730 - Featuring the flute, with wonderful colleagues JANE LENOIR, COOKIE SEGELSTEIN, STU BROTMAN, AND JOSHUA HOROWITZ. Limited seating at $20 per person. Please contact Jane Lenoir, hostess and performer or mefor tickets and address!
* November 4, 2012 Lecture Program for Adult Ed and Hebrew School students, Congregation for Humanistic Judaism, Fairfield County, CT 10:00am Contact Mitch Tilkin for more info!
* November 2, 2012 Faculty Recital with guest artist Katherine Kemler from LSU! VERY eclectic concert of baroque to beatbox!!!! Mount Holyoke College; FREE
*December 23-28, 2012, teaching at Klezkamp in the Catskills. Be there! You'll love it! 28th year and going strong!
* June 27 and 28, 2012 "KlezmerQuickie" (!!) Dance party and flute workshops! SO much good work and fun. Albuquerque, New Mexico, of course! Details on the website. COME!!!
* June 20, 2012 Sixth Street Shul series "Fidl and Fleyt" with Pete Rushefsky and Lisa Gutkin (of the Klezmatics!). What a combo! Address: 325 E. Sixth Street, between 1st and 2nd Ave., NYC 10003
* May 20, 2012 City Winery Klezmer Brunch; "FleytMuzik" duo with Pete Rushefsky AND Steve Greenman, all the way from Cleveland, OH!
* May 6, 2012 "Mishpokhe" at Congregation Beth El, Fairfield, CT Two families get together to play Jewish music around the world. COME!
* January 17, 2012 Louisiana State University School of Music, guest of Professor Katherine Kemler. Master class and concert, with collaborative pianist Dianne Frazer. Please contact Dr. Kemler if you need more information about times. Concert, I believe, is at 5:30. Come! Free!
* January 16, 2012 University of Louisiana School of Music, guest of Professor Andrea Kapell Loewy. Master Class, with collaborative pianist, Dianne Frazer. Please contact Professor Loewy if you'd like to attend!
* December 20, 2011 Erie PA Khanike concert featuring Walter Mamlok with me in a duo concert of mostly clarinet repertoire but we're getting in a fair amount of flute rep as well, including many of my original tunes. We'll both accompany eachother on piano and I'll lead some dancing as well! Come celebrate the first night of Chanuka with us at Temple Anshe Hesed Yes! It's a Tuesday night, beginning at 7:00pm! For a little more info, including contact info on their end, go to their calendar insert or make reservations by contacting the info on that calendar page.
* December 19, 2011 Toronto, Canada: Master Class for the Canadian Flute Association. 7:00-10:00 pm. Go to their website ,email or call Alheli at 1-647-801-3456. The address is The Women's Art Gallery. I am offering lessons as well so either call them at the above number to arrange or email me. In addition to the following master class, I will be available for lessons on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning. Again, just call Alheli at 647-801-3456. Back to the class! Here are some topics we'll touch upon:
Tone that reflects all possibilities of the music - and make it YOURS:
Petting Zoo: traverso and 19th C. flute
The Fantasy, make it unique to you - with styles of period and country in mind
Klezmer: A "new/old" tradition brought back to current times
* November 5, 2011 Special concert: "TRADITION!" featuring incredible flutist Chris Norman (flutes, pipes, vocals), insane-sensitive-monster fiddler David Greenberg, and me (on flute, accordion and harmonium) at Congregation B'nai Israel in Bridgeport/Fairfield CT. You canNOT miss this!! Irish, Klezmer, Scottish, Baroque, Cape Breton music ALL come together for one fabulous concert!!! 7:30 pm. For tickets, email me or call my cell and I'll put you on The List for $18 each, to be received at the door! (On the day, at the door, no List, $23).
* May 22, 2011 Master Class in D.C. area: Hosted at the home of Susan Brandt: 11703 Castlewood Court, Potomac MD, 20854 Specific tone goals for klezmer, modes, ornamentation. From 10:00-12:30 Pre-registered is $45 (includes CD) and Walk-in is $55) Visit Susan Brandt's website to login to and pay paypal or email either me or Susan Brandt
* May 15, 2011, Klezmer Brunch! Concert Form Klezmer with Pete Rushefsky and me on flutes (of course!) and a bisl viola and piano, + guest Madeline Solomon and Walter Mamlok, clarinet. Come to the City Winery for their Klezmer Brunch. GREAT atomosphere to shmooze, dine on great food, and just be with friends and family on a beautiful Sunday morning in Manhattan
* February 20, 2011 Master Class in NYC! Coordinator Maryann Tu is accepting applications and payment for my " 21st Century Flutist: Strength and Whimsy" program. Location is Studios 353 Contact Maryann Tu for a flyer and sign up soon!First come first serve for performers of ALL LEVELS. Everyone will learn refreshing ideas, no matter what level you are at. Klezmer and classical + dancing!
* January 18, 2011 FleytMuzik Duo with Pete Rushefsky, cimbalom at the Sixth Street Community Synagogue Hear and enjoy special klezmer music in a very intimate setting, concert format. 8:30pm with $15 cover.
* December 21-26, 2010, teaching at Klezkamp in the Catskills. Be there! You'll love it! 26th year and going strong!
* November 7, 2010 An eclectic faculty recital at Mount Holyoke College. Free and open to ALL and families encouraged as the music will be ever so appealing to ALL!
* November 14, Klezmer Brunch! Come to the City Winery for their Klezmer Brunch and listen to the great sounds of vintage flutes, piccolo, and with members and guests of Klezical Tradition Walter Mamlok, clarinet, Rayhan Pasternak. Super great food, and equally super music to listen and dance to!
* August 16-22, 2010 teaching and performing at Klezkanada Come and learn, jam, socialize, and just enjoy Yiddishkayt in the beautiful Laurentian Mountains of Quebec!!
* August 19th-22, 2010 British Flute Society International Convention, Manchester, England! A long way away? Plan now! See the many wonderful artists who will also be there! Go here for more info!!
* August 23, 2010 FLUTE DAY! Fee: $70 or $75 (Pay $70 in advance via Paypal or cash day of, with additional $5) for the day. INCLUDES a CD (or book if CD is already owned) RNCM Studio 3.
Track where we've been!
*November 8, Flute Day in France, Conservatoire de Stains, Place du 8 Mai 1945. For participation: RSVP Sandra 06.18.08.24.82 Cynthia 06.68.50.48.42
* November 10, 2009 KlezMore Festival in Vienna!! We're thrilled to be invited back for their 6th successful year!
* January 20, 2010 Finding the warmth: Naples, Florida. Guest artist with Naples Klezmer Revival Band. Collier County Orange Blossom Library.
*March 6, 2010 "The Magical Flute" program for Orchestra New England. Premier of new concerto by phenom Russian composer Andrey Rubtsov, for flute and strings, plus Doppler's duo Andante and Rondo (arr. Greenbaum by International) with daughter, Rebecca Povodator, + encore klezmer selections to round out a great event with Orchestra New England. United Church on the Green in New Haven, CT. 8:00 PM.
*May 23, 2010 Repeat of March 6 concert at Mishkan Israel in Hamden, CT. Cocktails begin at 6:30 and concert at 7:00. "The Magical Flute" program with Orchestra New England. Premier of new concerto by phenom Russian composer Andrey Rubtsov, for flute and strings, plus Doppler's duo Andante and Rondo (arr. Greenbaum by International) with daughter, Rebecca Povodator, + encore klezmer selections to round out a great event with the orchestra. COME!!!!!!!! Ticket price is $30.
*June 9, 2010 Come to the wonderful Eldridge Street Synagogue for a program of flute sounds of the Lower East Side of NYC community: Klezmer, Chinese, Ukrainian, and Irish. Bring your instruments (apparently!) as we will jam in our own traditions after our performances!
*June 24, 2010 Re-dedication of the Dubiecko, Poland cemetery. On June 24, 1942 - 80 Jews who remained or returned to Dubiekco were rounded up, brought to the Jewish cemetery, shot, and buried in a mass grave. It was the beginning of the end of the last vestiges of a once bustling Jewish community. An estimated total of 160 Jews would be shot in the cemetery between June 1942 and July 1943. June 24, 2010 - The site of this tragedy, as well as the burial site many others murdered by the Nazis and brought to the cemetery, will be properly honored. The Jewish cemetery will be re-dedicated, and a plaque will be placed in the town center to acknowledge the "Lost Community" of the Jews of Dubiecko. It is the beginning of a new era of mutual education and respect between the remnants of that community and their families with the current Dubiecko community. If you wish to participate or donate, please (PLEASE!) contact Sharon Frant Brooks, coordinator.
*July 24, 2010 FLUTE DAY!!! VENUE: Long & McQuade, 6065 Cunard Street, Halifax, NS
All ages and experience welcome as I would teach to everyone's
PAYPAL HAS NOW BEEN SET UP ON MY WEBPAGE (See "Purchase" in the index). PLEASE MAKE SURE, IF YOU'RE COMING, TO PAY FOR YOUR FLUTE DAY SO WE KNOW WHO IS COMMITTED.
* August 16, 2009 FleytMuzik will be part of the closing concert for the National Flute Association's groyse convention in NYC, held at the Marriot Marquis Hotel. With Pete, Brian and guest fiddler David Greenberg from Halifax, NS. We're going to rock the flute world - for 15 minutes!!
* August 24-30, 2009 teaching and performing at Klezkanada Come and learn, jam, socialize, and just enjoy Yiddishkayt in the beautiful Laurentian Mountains of Quebec!!
* September 13, 2009 Come to the City Winery for their Klezmer Brunch and listen to the great sounds of a flute-led klezmer band. Plenty of room for dancing as well! Jake (fiddle), Pete (tsimbl), and Brian (bass), and special guest, Michael Alpert, vocals and poyk, will all be there!!! The food is good, too!!
*September 26, 2009 Warbeke Series Concert at Mount Holyoke College with special guest Michael Alpert, badkhen and poyk. Reserve your day to make the trip from wherever you are as this will be a singular event that you won't want to miss! 7:30pm "earlier" concert time! FREE!
* July 12, 2009 A bisl flute - but REALLY all about clarinet...this time - come to the City Winery for their Klezmer Brunch and listen to the Klezical Tradition's clarinetist, Walter Mamlok. Sometimes you hear about "rarely heard" works. Well, this time it's all your favorite klezmer clarinet tunes! (Or mostly all!!!) We honor all of our famous clarinetists of the last century. Come and enjoy! --- And sure, I'll bring my flute :-)
* August 7 and 8 Shabbaton at Flemington Jewish Community Center 5 Sergeantsville Road, Flemington, NJ 08822. The weekend will be celebrated and observed with services, singing, dancing, and study. Sam Glaser is the special guest for the weekend. We will be performing klezmer tunes collected by the Frand family of Dubiecko, hopeful that we will perform these same tunes in Poland next summer. The host of the project, with musicians and everyone else who is participating in this wonderful project, needs public support! From Sharon Frand Brooks:
"We are looking for Sponsoring donors willing to contribute $180 per person or business to underwrite the costs of this wonderful community learning opportunity. The more sponsorships we have to meet programming costs, the greater the donation that can be made to the American Joint Distribution Committee to restore and maintain a Jewish cemetery in a once vibrant Jewish community. These communities, once bright lights of Jewish life, were snuffed out by the Nazis from 1939 to 1943. As we rejoice with music and tradition, we can provide the dignity that once graced the hallowed ground of the Jewish Cemetery of Dubiecko, Poland, re-mark names for those who once had matzevot - grave stones - that now level the road to the San River, and where 160 innocent victims are buried in a mass grave.
All sponsors will be noted on all programs, promotional materials, and press releases. Sponsorship checks should be made out to:FJCC Rabbi's Discretionary Fund: Dubiecko Cemetery Fund and mailed with the name(s) as you would want it to appear in the program and advance releases to:Flemington Jewish Community Center, 5 Sergeantsville Road, Flemington, NJ 08822 Att.: Rabbi's Fund- Dubiecko Cemetery
* December 17, 2008 Banjo Jims! Come to our CD release parteeeee!!!! 7:30pm (till about 9:00). Loads of playing - of course - + plenty of CDs, tee-shirts, and dancing! (We'll make room!) Jake, Pete, and Brian will all be there, so you come too!! Here's the info to get there, including via helicopter (leave no stone unturned?!):
* December 21-26, 2008, teaching at Klezkamp in the Catskills. Be there! You'll love it! 24th year and going strong!
* January 19, 2009 Inaugural Event!! A weekend-long celebration hosted by Jews4Obama! I will be joined by Jake Shulman-Ment, fiddle, Joel Rubin, clarinet, Rebecca Povodator, piccolo, Reut Regev on trombone, and Rachel Vigour on bass. We will celebrate with Jewish Grassroots Action Network Jewish Grassroots Action Network (JGAN) at Tifereth Israel synagogue in Washington DC. Many events are open to the public!! You can see the entire weekend's line-up of activities here!! And we'll proudly blast my newly composed "Yidishe Marsh far der Inoyguratsie" loud and clear! (Listen to a clip of it on my "Listen" page!)
* September 20, 2008 Media, PA Slichot Service at Congregation Beth Israel Call (610) 566-4645 for more info
* September 19, 2008 Baltimore, MD Friday night service at Congregation
* February 2, 2008 We're performing in sunny Forida! If you are anywhere near the Orlando, Sarasota, or Tampa area, or actually Oxford, Florida itself, then come to this concert! We'll be at The Villages opening a new synagogue! With Pete Rushefsky on cimbalom, Jake Shulman-Ment on fiddle, and Brian Glassman on bass. AND, a dance party following the concert, with my wonderful and talented sister Sheryl Genco on fiddle joining us! Call Debbie at the office for details and tickets: 352-259-8773. Price for the grand evening of the concert and dance party and dessert is $25.00
* March 9, 2008 National Yiddish Book Center in Amherst, MA. FleytMuzik team of Pete Rushefsky, Jake Shulman-Ment and Brian Glassman will perform a totally new program of researched oldies and self-composed newbies from my new book! (Of COURSE you can get your copy of my compositions now. Just go to the "Purchase" page of this website!)
* March 20, 2008 Celebrate Purim with us at the Old Broadway Synagogue in upper west side Manhattan! Dance or listen! Time announced soon. Evening, of course. Tickets are $12. (212) 662-9767 15 Old Broadway; New York, NY 10027
* May 11, 2008 Mother's Day concert at the Jewish Home for the Elderly in Fairfield, CT. 2:00 pm.
* May 16, 2008 Lecture/Concert at Congregation Beth El Synagogue in Fairfield, CT. 6:00 with dinner to follow. Wonderful and knowledgeable cimbalist Pete Rushefsky will collaborate with me. Call the synagogue office a few weeks prior for more information and reservations for the dinner.
* May 18, 2008 LIVE SHOWS and RECORDING!!! Be with us at Stage1 at the dynamic yet intimate 220 seat Fairfield Theater Company Stage One for a very exciting event in the history of klezmer flute when we record two concerts with YOU in our audience! Get your tickets now to get great seats AND support the continuance of the earliest klezmer traditions. We want to pack the place! You won't want to miss this chance to take part in something both historic and entertaining!!
* July 10 "Klezmer Bash" Flute, Fiddle and Friends! at the Levitt Pavilion. I'll be there on flute (who else?!) with Cookie Segelstein on fiddle, Josh Horowitz on accordion and tsimbl, Stu Brotman on 3-string cello, local teen drum-wonder Max Yassky on poyk, and Fraidy Katz, our wonderful vocalist for the evening. Free! Come early, bring your dinner, and enjoy music and dancing! Pre-concert dance lesson! 8:00pm.
* July 19-25th, 2008, Boxwood Festival! I am thrilled to again be invited to teach at the most wonderful event of North America (too over-the-top of a statement for you? Go! And THEN dare to tell me I'm wrong!) Chris Norman is the head cheese and simply fabulous flutist; need I say more? He says "Join us in beautiful Lunenburg, Nova Scotia to discover the traditional music of the flute amid one of North America's most exquisite 18thcentury seaside towns." Go to the Boxwood website to sign up!
* August 20th-24th, 2008 British Flute Society International Convention, Manchester, England! A long way away? Plan now! See the many wonderful artists who will also be there! Go here for more info!!
* March 20-23, 2007 Yiddish Festival at the University of Iowa. Come and hear FleytMuzik performed with Russian guitarists Oleg Timofeyev and Vadim Kolpakov with cellist Natalia Timofeyev. Hillel's website for more details. March 20th at 7:00pm is our concert so COME!!
* July 10, 2007 Wesleyan University in Middletown CT. Presentation on klezmer and klezmer flute revival. Open to the public. Click on the link for more info.
* August 9-12, 2007 Performances at the National Flute Association held this year in Albuquerque, NM. Come to the memorial concert for Felix Skowronek, a wood flute panel discussion, and a recital on various wood flutes! THIS is the year of the wood flute!
* August 20-26, 2007, teaching at Klezkanada. Be there! 11th anniversary summer season is sure to be a blast! I'll be teaching 2 courses: flute techniques and FleytKapelye for quiet instruments. Come. learn, and BE HEARD!
* September 30, 2007 We're in Chicago, invited by Chicago Flute Club and sponsored in part by Powell Flutes. With Pete Rushefsky from NYC on cimbalom and Al Ehrich from Chicago on bass. Roosevelt University Ganz auditorium. Concert begins at 2:30 and Master Class is at 4:00 until 6:00.
* October 1, 2007 I will be at Coe College with Russian Guitarist Oleg Timofeyev. Concert of klezmer and gypsy music. Time TBA, but definitely evening.
* December 23-28, 2007 Teaching and performing at Klezkamp in the Catskills! You canNOT miss another year of friendship, dancing, learning, and just plain good times. Over 400 people come to experience the original klezmer camp via Henry Sapoznik and friends.
* February 16-18, 2007, Klezmerquerque!! Check out the fantastic schedule and other info at the link. Join Steve Weintraub, dance-leader extraordinaire, and me for a truly GREAT weekend of learning, jamming, and dancing! See y'all in the beautiful Southwest!
* June 16-18, 2006 Come to the very first Wood (Boehm) Flute Festival/Convention in Seattle, Washington! I'll be performing with the amazing cimbalist, Alex Eppler on Saturday night, June 17. To find out more info and to register, go to the registration page of the Wood Flute Festival. This was a major project started by Felix Skowronek. It will not only be an honor and a legacy to him, but a fantastic event, whether you play a wood Boehm flute, a headjoint only, or neither! Come and enjoy and learn what the wood flute and its performers have been up to!!
* August 20-27, 2006, teaching at Klezkanada. Be there! 11th anniversary summer season is sure to be a blast! I'll be teaching 3 courses: flute techniques, Kleyne Kapelye, and "The Misleading Lead Sheet."
* August 9, 2006 I will be teaching a small class in klezmer techniques for classical players before the National Flute Association Convention in Pittsburgh, PA begins officially the next day. Details to be worked out when I have enough signed up. Contact me if you wish to be a participant. It's ALL hands on, materials appropriate for all levels. Time will be 5:00-7:00 - unless we vote to change it and the fee will be $40 per person.
* April 1, 2006 Master Class at UConn (University of Connecticut). Hosted by Barbara Hopkins, Professor of Flute 10:00 in room . We'll be looking at classical repertoire as well as an introduction to klezmer playing to enhance the classics.
* March 3 and 4, 2006 Beth El in Bethesda, Maryland Join us for a pre-Shabbes musical welcome of shabbes on Friday evening. Saturday evening beginning at 7:30 pm will be a Melaveh Malka music and dessert! Enjoy listening and dancing to traditional klezmer featuring Adrianne and her flutes and leading dance, Pete Rushefsky, cimbalom, Marty Confurius, bass, Tom Pawalski, clarinet, and Marc Carson, drums. FleytMuzik's CDs and accompanying music books will also be for sale! $10 gets you in for a fun event! Call the synagogue office for more details.
* February 17-19, 2006, Klezmerquerque! Check out the fantastic schedule and other info at the link. Join Margot Leverett, stellar clarinetist, Steve Weintraub, dance-leader extraordinaire, and me for a truly GREAT weekend of learning, jamming, and dancing! See y'all in the beautiful Southwest!
* December 25-30, 2005, teaching at Klezkamp in the Catskills. Be there! You'll love it! 21st anniversary for the 21st century!
* November 21, 2005, at 12 noon, International Ed Week workshop at Western Connecticut State University in White Hall, room 225. Students of Dr. Kerry Walker and others will join me in an hour packed with learning klezmer flute techniques that can be applied to classical performance.
* November 9, 2005, 8:00pm Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio. Warner Concert Hall. I will give a lecture: “Klezmer: A Look at the Musician and the Music through the Lens of Purpose and Community” and a master class in the morning and afternoon respectively. With Cookie Segelstein on fiddle, Joshua Horowitz on cimbalom, and Marty Confurius on bass.
* November 8, 2005 Master Class at the Cleveland Institute of Music.
* November 6, 2005, at 3:00pm, I will be leading a dance workshop as well as doing a bisl performing at the Workman's Circle in Cleveland, Ohio.
* October 11, 2005 Workshop, 5:30-7:00, hosted by C.W. Post College Band program. Music Rehearsal Building, C.W. Post Campus, Long Island University, 720 Northern Boulevard
* September 10, 2005, 8:00pm Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut, Crowell Concert Series kickoff, with masterclass/workshop in the afternoon at 1:00. With Cookie Segelstein on fiddle, Joshua Horowitz on cimbalom, and Marty Condurius on bass. Call 860-685-2076 for further information about the concert and the class. Directions to Crowell Concert Hall can be found here.
* August 21-28, 2005, teaching at Klezkanada. Be there! 10th anniversary summer season is sure to be a blast! I'll be teaching 3 courses: flute techniques, FleytMuzik Kapelye, and "Reading the (misleading) Lead Sheet.
* March 31, 2005, I will be at South Alabama University, performing with flutist Andra Bohnet. We'll Mix it Up with Celtic and Klezmer and have a ball! Master Class and concert. Laidlaw Performing Arts Center, University Boulevard and USA Drive South. For more info contact the arts center at (251) 460-6136.
* March 19, 2005, soloist with the New Haven Symphony Orchestra, performing Reinecke's Flute Concert in D, PLUS a special newly arranged klezmer set for flute and orchestra!
* February 7, 2005, Master Class at 4:30 and and Concert at 8:00pm with tsimblist Pete Rushefsky at Ohio State University in Weigel Recital Hall, in Columbus, Ohio. Professor Katherine Borst-Jones, host.
* January 23, 2005, time to be announced, Master Class for the Greater Portland Flute Society. I will share the various flutes, klezmer techniques, and how folk styles can influence classical music performance.
* January 22, 2005 at Congregation Neveh Shalom, 2900 SW Peaceful Lane, Portland, Oregon. Evening concert, followed by Hebrew School program on Sunday morning. Bring your families for this unique concert of historically informed klezmer, at once entertaining and informative. This event is sponsored by Congregation Neveh Shalom and the Greater Portland Flute Society. Call 503-246-8831 at the synagogue or contact the flute society for details and tickets as this program approaches. Artists performing with me will be Cookie Segelstein, fiddle, Joshua Horowitz, tsimbl, and Stu Brotman, bass.
* December 26-31, 2004, teaching at Klezkamp in the Catskills. Be there! You'll love it! 20th anniversary extravaganza!
* November 7, 2004: Boston Klezmer Marathon (my own title...) An all day session of coaching and performing. The concert in the evning will be at 8:00, open to the public. Location is at Lutheran Church of the Newtons, 1310 Centre Street, Newton, Massachusetts. For further info contact klezmer band leader Eric Myrvaagnes.
* November 6, 2004: "FLAUTISSIMO!" A program of "worldly" pieces, including Latin American, Irish Traditional, Klezmer and Hungarian! We're gonna really rock and jam! With guest Irish flutist Andra Bohnet. McCulloch Hall, Mount Holyoke College. 8:00 pm. Free.
* October 30 and 31, 2004: Join us for a very special concert in Virginia Beach, Virginia, celebrating the opening of a new Klezmer Korner! With Cookie Segelstein, Joshua Horowitz, and Marty Confurius! Call 257-321-2338 for tickets, $10 in advance, $15 at the door. 8:00pm October 30th, 9:30am October 31. Marilyn and Marvin Simon Family Jewish Community Center, 5000 Corporate Woods Drive, Virginia Beach, 23462.
* September 11, 2004 Slichot Service, Congregation Beth El, in Fairfield, CT. Duo performance with Pete Rushefsky, tsimblist. Music for the High Holiday season. Free.